Monday, November 20, 2017

Not All Things are Possible for God.


I have heard the question, "Can God make a rock that He can not lift?"  Of course, if you answer 'yes' or 'no' it means that something is impossible for God.  Let me first tell you what is possible for God and then what is impossible for God.

God is powerful enough to speak a word and the Universe comes into existence.  God can also speak a word and destroy it all.  God has the ability to hear everyone who thinks little of God and a lot of themselves.  The people who insult Him, use His name as a curse word and blaspheme Him.  God could easily squeeze their pride-filled heads and pop their little brains like pimples.

God has the power to promise you anything and then go back on His word.  God is easily powerful enough to backstab, murder and destroy anyone He wants.  God has the ability to crush you physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.  God is all-powerful.  There is nothing at all too big for all-powerful God to accomplish.  He is great enough to do every good or evil act you can ever imagine.  There is nothing stopping God except....

God is too patient and merciful to kill everyone who blasphemes or insults Him.  He wants to see them live and repent of the things they say.  God is too faithful to break any promise He makes.  He is love and could never destroy anyone unless His sense of justice demands it.  Those who never turn from wickedness are justly condemned and even then God's heart breaks for their lost souls.

God can do anything except defy His holy nature of love, joy, peace, patience, compassion, honor, justice, grace, righteousness, holiness, kindness, and all that is good.  The only power great enough to stop God is God.

A better question to ask is "Can God lift me up to the rock that is higher than I?"  What do you think God's answer is to that question?  Just ask Him.

"...Lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:2


"The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;  My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2

Photo by Vasjan Leno on Unsplash

No comments: