Friday, December 29, 2017

What Color is Snow?


The LORD says within Isaiah 1:18, "Though your sins be as scarlet, They will be as white as snow;"

I have been turning over ideas of what to write today.  I was looking out the window at the falling snow as I asked God what I should say.  The portion of Isaiah 1:18 concerning snow kept coming to mind. 

"Lord, what can be said about snow?  When our sins are forgiven they turn from scarlet and sinful to white like snow.  Lord, there isn't that much to the verse to write about."

It then occurred to me (To give credit where credit is due: The Lord reminded me) snow is not white.  That's right, snow is not really white.  Snow is actually transparent.  Snow is ice crystals with no color at all.  Snow is transparent and it reflects all light which makes it appear to be white.

We are to be white like the snow.  Our lives are to be transparent, with no sin found within.  When we are transparent and sin-free then we will reflect the light and become dazzling white reflectors of the Glory of God.

Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash

No comments: